Thursday, September 07, 2006

Update on the cold cure thing

This morning I followed my friend Susan's suggestion and Googled the Echinacea Ginger Syrup. The only place I could get it was from the manufacturer. The syrup doesn't cost that much. For 4 oz. it was $11.21 USD which was cheaper than I paid for it at SunHarvest last time I could find any. Their shipping at first looked horrible until I found the US Priority Mail. That was under $7 so I will get well when the syrup arrives. The manufacturer is Nutrition World which is based in Florida. I didn't like their website much. No descriptions of the product. No offers of catalogs. The McAfee site rating gave it a red banner due to links to places which have spy wear. Nevertheless, they just sent me an order confirmation email. Checkout was encrypted once I reached the point of paying. It wasn't when I entered shipping info. So I hope this turns out ok. If you like their stuff maybe you can find it in a store. If you have had good experiences ordering from them please let me know. I could use some reassurance on this one.

Last night I went to bed about 7 pm and stayed there till I had to get up this morning shortly after 5 am. Hopefully that really long sleep will do a lot towards my energy level. In the meantime I am running behind in my reading for my classes because of this cold. So if I am in any of your prayers please add that to the litany about me. Thanks.

Peace, Hope, and Joy!

2 comments:

Susan Palwick said...

I'm glad you found the stuff on the web, Lee, and I hope the order goes okay! I'm sure it will, though. And of course speedy healing for you is in my prayers!

Lee said...

Thanks Susan! I really need it. Today I ran a fever at work and almost went home but a couple of Motrin brought it down far enough that I could stay. A fellow employee chewed me out for being there when I was sick. So tomorrow I am going to the doctor and calling in sick as a result. Darn...you'd think a week would have taken care of this cold, especially with all the rest I have been giving it. Guess it is time to look at the syllabii for absence policies as I think I will probably miss Saturday's classes.

Peace and all prayers gratefully welcomed.