Monday, July 28, 2008

For Those Who Couldn't Be There



Last night many people gathered at Church of Reconciliation Episcopal to listen to San Antonio Vocal Arts Ensemble (SAVAE) perform their wonderful music. It was beautiful, inspiring, and very much a spiritual experience. They take from the past, especially our religious past and bring it to us now with exquisite harmonies and native, sometimes antique, instruments. The above video is just one example of their excellent craft and we all enjoyed hearing them perform this number, Asi Andando, in our sanctuary. The video was posted to You Tube by Covita Moroney who is both a member and producer of some of their CD's. Enjoy!

8 comments:

jsd said...

very nice music - thanks for sharing.

Lee said...

You're welcome, JS. Wish you'd been there.

Hugs!

Sandi McBride said...

SUCH Beautiful music...it reminds me of "Merry Olde England" with the different flutes...I loved it, thanks for sharing! I edited my post today, to include pictures of my Granddaughter for her Birthday...she's nine today!
hugs
Sandi

Lee said...

I'm glad it took you back home, Sandi! I didn't look closely at their history of concerts and performances, but I wonder if they've ever performed in the UK. :)

Hugs!

San said...

What a treat, Lee. Thanks!

Lee said...

You're welcome, San! We all felt so blessed. The most of the concert was ancient religious music. We learned so much listening to it.

Hugs!

murat11 said...

I liked how much the Divine Feminine was present in the concert, with this song and others. The indigenous folks who were syncretizing there worship with the Euro-Christian mythos intuitively knew the importance of Mary as representative of Mother Earth and/or Spirit. The Feminine always finds a way to break through, no matter how much the prevailing liturgy tries to suppress her. Great video post. Thanks.

Lee said...

If by divine feminine and spirituality of the heart and soul of that beautiful music we mean the same thing, then I think we are in agreement, Paschal. I remember well Tina's wonderful presentation on the feminine which she gave at Julie's open house. I wish I'd had more time to explore it. San tells me she has enjoyed several women's groups whose purpose is merely to support one another. I think she chooses ones with spiritual leanings. They fit her spirit for life. I wonder if San Antonio has any such groups. Santa Fe seems to be ripe with them.

Joy!