Thursday, July 31, 2008

These are a Few of my Favorite Things Game

Sandi set herself to play a game/meme that Susie Q of Rabbit Run Cottage posted. Don't exactly know why I like these long lists of things to fill out, but I do. And I keep on doing them, in emails, on applications, and on blogs. So here I am doing one again. :)

FAVORITE

Sport: Ice Skating

Yatzee Color: red

Movie: I cycle between 3 favorites: Twister, The American President, and Practical Magic

Broadway Play I've Seen: Phantom of the Opera

Song: Because I've been playlisting there are too many possibilities, but the first one that came to mind was, "What Kind of Fool Am I?" Still looking for this one for the playlist.

Favorite City Visited: Asheville, NC - it had this "walk me" feel in the Biltmore Village part of it.

Favorite Foreign City Visited: Nassau, Bahamas which is the only foreign city I've visited.

Book: If by favorite you mean I reread it, that would be the Bible. Other books get read and put on the shelf.

Children's Book: The Dragons are Singing Tonight by Jack Prelutsky

Poem share from above mentioned book -
The Dragons Are Singing Tonight


Tonight is the night all the dragons
Awake in their lairs underground,
To sing in cacophonous chorus
And fill the whole world with their sound.
They sing of the days of their glory,
They sing of their exploits of old,
Of maidens and Knights, and of fiery fights,
And guarding vast caches gold.
Some of their voices are treble,
And some of their voices are deep,
But all of their voices are thunderous,
And no one can get any sleep.
I lie in my bed and I listen,
Enchanted and filled with delight,
To songs I can hear only one night a year--
The dragons are singing tonight.

~ © Jack Prelutsky


Classic TV Show: My Favorite Martian

Recent TV Show: Charmed

Actor: Mel Gibson

Actress: Sandra Bullock

Perfume: Moonlight Path

Food: After yesterday's supper - Pot roast w/ potatoes, carrots, onions, and celery. Yumm!

Dessert: Cherry Pie a la mode if Dark Chocolate Lava cake isn't available.

Chain Restaurant: Churches but that's too fattening so I frequent Pizza Hut instead.

Local Restaurant: Ernesto's

Car: that's the car I own, a Toyota Camary. :)

Condiment: mayo

Kitchen Appliance: dish washer

Home Appliance: toaster oven

Beauty Product: Origins

Favorite Clothing: This terry knit top that has hooks to close and 3/4 sleeves. Pale green. Warm, comfy, and can be discrete or not so much.

HGTV Show: don't have cable

Food Network show: don't have satellite either

Author: Susan Palwick whose writing has a conscience.

Male Songwriter: John Denver, his songs were playable for the amateur.
Female Songwriter: don't have one of these.

Holiday: Christmas

Christmas Ballet: The Nutcracker - you mean there's another?

Disney Character: Mickey Mouse

Alcoholic Drink: Coffee w/ Irish Cream

Non Alcoholic Drink: Milk, coffee, and tea in that order

Magazine: Body + Soul

Animated Movie: Aladdin

Mini Series: 10th Kingdom

Season: Spring and Fall

Male Vocalist: don't have just one

Female Vocalist: don't have just one of these either

Musical Group: Now this I do have, Peter, Paul & Mary!

Day of Week: Sunday

Household Chore: Wiping off the kitchen counters - the whole place just looks better.

Ice Cream: Rocky Road

Candy: anything with more than 65% cacao in it.

Artist: Michael Whelan

Quotation: my current signature which my sister gave me. It is from an 8 year old child with cancer: Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning how to dance in the rain.

So there you have it. If you like these things and want to play along feel free. I thought it was very clever of Sandi to have her title link to Susie Q's blog. :)

2 comments:

Sandi McBride said...

Loved it! Now I'm hungry tho...
hugs
Sandi

Lee said...

Well, heck, so am I. LOL And you popped in your comment just as I was making changes. I've updated it to include the title poem of the children's book. Come read that one if you don't already know it.

Hugs!