Thursday, July 03, 2008

A Puzzle Challenge & Happy 4th of July (anticipation)!

Because my good friend Sandi likes roses I thought I'd share this pretty puzzle of a rose with two buds. Because she gently teased me on my last puzzle share about the difficulty of solving one at 48 classic pieces, I've changed the cut. Friday is the 4th of July and our national Independence Day so I chose an appropriate theme for the choice of cut. As it turned out the puzzle was in the shape of the US, an added bonus. Everyone needs a good challenge from time to time so I'm setting you one. Work the puzzle and tell me your time. Mine was 12:20. That's not very fast, but 5th graders would beat me in geography. If you feel really daring change the cut and number of pieces to what ever looks fun, work it again, and then come brag about your puzzling skill. Better yet, go to JigZone and find a puzzle you love, work it in any format you desire, post it to your blog and then come tell me. I'll come work it too. After all, summer is for fun and puzzles are for sharing!

Click to Mix and Solve

This challenge is open to anyone, but I want to specifically tag a few friends: JS, Murat11, Sandi, San, and Alt. And remember folks, if you've an elderly parent or family member who introduced these to you as a kid, they make great mental acuity exercises. So send them along to that family member as an ecard. Mom & Dad get one everyday. An added bonus is this daily ecard has turned out to be a nice way of keeping in closer touch with Mom. I pop little snippets of news about my life in every one.

Happy 4th of July! I hope everyone has a great celebration!

8 comments:

Sandi McBride said...

Okay, I'm not gonna dress it up for you, my slow ass took 7min28sec and that was after I started over the third, count em third time! Next time I'll just go to auto save a few times and get a hint...but it was fun...I guess...lol
hugs
Sandi

Lee said...

Aw, Sandi, I know the feeling. Did you notice that I was a whole lot slower than you? And I'd already worked it in the classic mode. Thanks for playing along!

Hugs,
Lee

murat11 said...

6:12. I think our my recent road trip helped: we were "collecting" license plates and I always remember them by picturing the US map in my head. Rhode Island was a pain in the ass, though: I kept thinking it was a rogue Hawaiian island until I remembered this was a continental US map. Twas fun. Happy 4th.

Lee said...

Congratulations Paschal! You've got the fastest time so far. When I traveled across the eastern US to Asheville, NC there was license plate collecting too. Plus a little journaling and historical marker noting. Actually stopped to read a few and picnic lunch.

I had trouble with that tiny sliver of triangular green that fit up in the NE. I kept wanting to put it in around the Great Lakes. Sigh! I did mention that I'm not smarter than a 5th grader didn't I?

Glad you enjoyed it! See you celebrating on Sunday!

Cheers!

david mcmahon said...

Hi Lee - you'd love the roses in my garden (not now, in our winter!)

Happy fourth of July to you and your clan, and special wishes to your Dad.

Lee said...

Thanks, David! I'll be sure to pass your message along to Dad. Don't know if he ever commented but he checked out your website. :)

Cheers!

San said...

3 days, 17 hours, 46 minutes, 34 seconds, and counting...and that's just trying to nestle Delaware into that little crook under the Florida panhandle.

CURSES. It should be the Texas panhandle!

Lee said...

ROFLMAO! OMG San! That is so funny! I'm not trying to be mean, I know the story behind this time. But I want to give you one piece of credit, at least you knew the NAME of the state you were trying so hard to insert. I was clueless!

Love you! :)