Thursday, August 23, 2007

Stress Up - Hisses Down

School at the university started yesterday. I'm off and running full tilt, or so it seems. Already I've been given tons of information, joined two professional organizations (thankfully free to students), filled out forms required for student teaching, and had my picture taken for the district ID badge. The next four weeks are filled with seminars, observations, things to do in preparation for certification, and lots of different manuals to read. As intimated in earlier posts, I shall be very busy.

Today's instruction included how to write a resume, dress for an interview and how to work the student job services system. We also got a good bit of legal advice on what we can and what we can't do as teachers. Oh, and yesterday they told us about the education version of FERPA.

On the home front, I've been trying to stay caught up with things around the apartment. Hooboo has been wanting out in the mornings so I let him go. When I come back later he is ready to come in and have lunch. Considering how much hissing Hyram has been doing lately I was a bit concerned about leaving Hooboo in all day. The few times I've gone out leaving them both inside, when I come back they haven't torn each other apart. They seem to be working things out. What signs do I see of this? Well, earlier I was holding Hooboo and Hyram was watching this. When I put Hooboo down they both took the time to touch noses and no one hissed. Again, when I went to the kitchen for a snack both cats were right there wanting theirs too. Again, no hisses and each knows the placement of his bowl. This might work out. I'm still asking for prayers for both of them but I'm thanking God that they seem to be adjusting to one another.

No comments: